DESIGNING THE PERFECT PLAYGROUND FOR YOUR APARTMENT COMPLEX (PART 2)
Part 1 – Please click here
- BUILD COMMUNITY
A playground brings neighbors together to get acquainted, socialize and enjoy a strong sense of belonging. For this reason, community playground equipment promotes health and happiness for both children and adults because a sense of belonging is vital to us all. Tenants will also feel more comfortable and safe where they live if they know their neighbors. As a property owner, you might expect tenants to stick around longer.
Playgrounds also help reduce crime rates in a community. A study that looked at urban communities found that neighborhoods with lower traffic, better aesthetics, higher street connectivity and neighborhood playground equipment also had 9.6 percent lower crime than neighborhoods without those characteristics.
- PROMOTE HEALTHY LIVING
Adding a playground to your apartment complex offers numerous health benefits for children in your community. Parents will be happy to stay where their children have easy access to activities that encourage physical activity. Playgrounds offer the following benefits:
- Physical: Playground equipment allows children to build stronger muscles and improve heart and lung functioning. Physical activity reduces the risk of obesity, diabetes and other diseases. According to the American Heart Association, about one in three children are overweight or obese, and it is the number one health concern among parents.
- Emotional: Playgrounds encourage children to experiment with their emotions and express themselves through imaginative play.
- Social: At a playground, kids get the opportunity to interact with friends and neighbors outside of school and other structured environments, encouraging them to learn and build new social and relationship skills. They also get the chance to make new friends.
- Cognitive: Free, unstructured play helps kids develop and build multiple cognitive skills such as problem-solving, decision-making, creativity, reasoning, language and negotiation skills.
In short, when you build a playground, you build a better future.
- KEEP UP WITH THE COMPETITION
Many Americans are renewing their leases than looking for new apartments. To attract tenants, apartment communities are building new amenities and upgrading old ones, including playgrounds. Before long, it is possible some of these amenities will be the standard. A playground is one way to keep up with the competition of newly-built rental communities.
CONTACT MAX PLAY
A community playground is a natural place to come together. If your school, park, condo association, or community needs its own play space, contact Max Play to start designing your creative new playground today.